Justin Tadlock has come up with a simple plugin “Prevent Password Reset” which does tricky things with respect to WordPress default user password reset. The plugin completely disables reset functionality from Lost your password? form. Plugin adds new checkbox to each user profile area. If selected, will prevents resetting any user’s password from ”lost password” form.
Advantage of using ‘Prevent Password Reset’ Plugin
- Disables Password Reset From Log-in page completely
- No One can try to reset your password
- Stop getting emails if someone tries to reset your password
- Puts extra level of security
Once the option is set in user profile area their password cannot be reset. Below screenshot shows what happens when someone tries to reset the password for the user with prevent option enabled.
Disadvantage of using the Plugin
- It makes life difficult if you lose your password. This needs either to remove all the plugin files or have an administrator on the site to reset the password.
- This plugin doesn’t disable the filed in the profile area which is used to edit or change the password. It just prevents the reset of user password from Log-in page.